55 Bible Verses about Trusting God
Because of the gift of free-will, our lives are filled with both up’s and down’s. In those valleys, it is hard to see the bigger picture of our circumstances and how those difficulties are woven into our future.
And it can be difficult to continue trusting God in those valleys as well.
But God is in control, and these 55 Bible verses remind us of that.
All throughout the Bible we are reminded of God’s mercy, grace, goodness, and power.
And in times when it seems like society is becoming less and less godly but more and more self-centered, as Believers, we can rest in the fact that God’s love and grace is infinite.
I pray these 55 Bible verses about trusting God will bring you hope and peace.
(You’re welcome to share, save, and print these pictures. If you share them, please provide the link to this page. Thank you.)
1) Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. ~Joshua 1:9
2) Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. ~2 Samuel 7:28
3) Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. ~Psalm 9:10
4) But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me. ~Psalm 13:5-6
5) Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. ~Psalm 16:1
6) Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. ~Psalm 20:7
7) Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. ~Psalm 27:14
9) But I trust in you, LORD; I say, “You are my God.” ~Psalm 31:14
10) May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. ~Psalm 33:22
11) Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. ~Psalm 37:3
12) Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. ~Psalm 37:4-6
13) When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. ~Psalm 56:3
14) In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? ~Psalm 56:4
15) My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. ~Psalm 62:7
16) LORD Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you. ~Psalm 84:12
17) Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” ~Psalm 91:1-2
18) It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. ~Psalm 118:8
19) He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber. ~Psalm 121:3
20) Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. ~Psalm 143:8
21) The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. ~Psalm 145:18
23) Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf. ~Proverbs 11:28
24) Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans. ~Proverbs 16:3
25) Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord. ~Proverbs 16:20
26) Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe. ~Proverbs 28:26
27) Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. ~Proverbs 29:25
28) You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. ~Isaiah 26:3
29) But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. ~Isaiah 43:1
30) When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. ~Isaiah 43:2
31) “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” ~Jeremiah 17:7-8
32) The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God. ~Daniel 6:23
34) Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? ~Matthew 6:26
35) He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” ~Matthew 17:20
36) Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.” ~Matthew 21:21
37) Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. ~Mark 11:23
38) “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” ~John 14:1
39) But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. ~Romans 8:25
40) And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. ~Romans 8:28
42) For we live by faith, not by sight. ~2 Corinthians 5:7
43) But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe. ~Galatians 3:22
44) I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. ~Philippians 4:11
45) And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:19
46) And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise. ~Hebrews 11:11
48) So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” ~Hebrews 13:6
49) But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. ~James 1:6
50) And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. ~1 John 2:28
51) Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. ~1 John 3:21-22
52) And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. ~1 John 4:16
53) This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. ~1 John 5:14
54) And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. ~1 John 5:15
I hope these 55 Bible Verses about Trusting God will help give you peace and comfort. God is in control. For more encouragement, check out the similar articles below! And don’t forget to connect with me on Facebook and Pinterest!